Barbados Network Programme
The Facilitation Unit for Returning Nationals (FURN) was established on February 16, 1996 when Cabinet approved the Charter for Returning and Overseas Nationals. The FURN was officially launched on March 8, 1996. Government recognised that there was a need to involve returning and overseas nationals more fully in the development of Barbados. Government has instituted to facilitate their resettlement and to offer information and advice pertinent to resettlement. The Unit was renamed the BARBADOS NETWORK PROGRAMME effective September 01, 2010
BARBADOS NETWORKERS PROGRAMME MADE EASY
Main Purposes of the Barbados Networkers Programme
- Duty free entry by the Networker of their household effects, tools/equipment of their trade or profession and one vehicle per family into Barbados.
- Simplify and facilitate the resettlement process in an easy to manage and hassle free manner.
- Maintain a register of the various skills and expertise which Networkers may be able to use in the further development of Barbados.
To qualify as a Barbadian Networker (Returning National) a person must meet all of the following requirements:
- Barbadian citizenship (by birth, registration , descent or naturalization)
- Reside outside of Barbados for at least 10 years immediately preceding their return to Barbados. (A person does not have to meet the 10 year requirement if they are eligible for citizenship by descent and have formally applied for Barbadian citizenship)
- Permanently returning to Barbados.
- Not previously a Networker.
- Must not have lived in Barbados for six months (183 days) in any calendar year during the 10 years immediately preceding their return.
- The previous age requirement of 40 years has been discontinued: there is no longer an age requirement.
- In addition, the previous requirement that the Networker should have previously lived in Barbados for 183 days before residence overseas has also been discontinued.
To learn more about the attractive package of concessions for Returning Nationals, please read the revised Returning Nationals Information Booklet - August 26, 2013
The document Booklet made easy - August 26, 2013 should be read in conjunction with the booklet.
- Next >>