Barbados Network Programme
Page 2 of 3
Four Easy Steps to Take!
Persons considering returning to Barbados should take the following steps:
- Immediately consult our website (www.foreign.gov.bb) and click on “Barbados Networker” for full information on the Networkers programme.
- Contact the nearest Barbados Consulate/Embassy, or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Consular Division), for any further clarifications as needed.
- Four (4) weeks prior their return to Barbados, submit to the nearest Barbados Mission, or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (email, fax or telephone), their name, passport number, date of birth, estimated date of arrival in Barbados and a contact phone number in Barbados.
- Await a telephone call (after arrival in Barbados) from personnel from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a date for an interview.
Documents Required at the Interview:
- One of the following as proof of citizenship: valid Barbados passport; Barbados I D Card; or Certificate of Citizenship or Barbados birth certificate accompanied by a photo I D card.
- One (1) of the following documents as proof of residence overseas for the last 10 years: a signed job letter covering the last 10 years; a signed avidavit from a Justice of Peace/Attorney-at-Law (following the specimen copy in the booklet; successive income tax returns for the last 10 years.
- All documents relating to the vehicle (such as proof of payment, proof of ownership and specifications of the vehicle - model, year, chassis/VIN number, engine number and colour).
- If the interview process is successful the networker will be immediately provided with a letter informing the Comptroller of Customs that they are eligible for the requisite benefits under the Networkers Programme.