EPA Implementation Unit
Page 2 of 3
Some of the Major Activities Undertaken by the Unit
Some of the major activities undertaken by the EPA Implementation Unit, include:
- Preparation of “Barbados’ Roadmap for Implementation of the EPA”. The Roadmap reflects the two complementary aspects of the EPA - obligations resulting from commitments by Government and opportunities which should be exploited by Barbadian institutions and economic operators.
- Development and ongoing work on an EPA implementation and monitoring matrix.
- Organization of a project to evaluate market access opportunities in certain EU countries for services from Barbados; Organization of a seven-day workshop for public and private sector officials on “Project Proposal Development and Preparation”; and Conceptualization and execution a continuing information dissemination programme to inform stakeholders about the provisions of the Agreement and how to take advantage of available opportunities.
- Preparation and publication of the following six EPA information booklets, in both regular printed and e-book formats.
- Tourism & Travel-related Services in the CARIFORUM-EC Economic Partnership Agreement
- The CARIFORUM-EU Economic Partnership Agreement: A Tool for Stimulating Innovation in Barbados;
- Opportunities in the CARIFORUM-EC EPA for Barbadian Entertainers and other Cultural Services Suppliers;
- Opportunities for Business Services in the CARIFORUM-EC EPA;
- Opportunities for Investment under the CARIFORUM-EU EPA; and
- Major Provisions on Trade in Goods under the EPA.
- Organization of and/or making presentations to a number of EPA-related symposia and workshops in cooperation with public sector agencies and private sector organizations.
- Organization of EPA-related training sessions for Customs and Immigration Officers.