- Political Profile
- Regions & Countries
- Travelling Abroad
- Travelling to Barbados
- Travel documents to visit Barbados
- Visa information for travel to Barbados
- What do I need to know about import permits?
- How can I plan to get married in Barbados?
- Do I need a permit to drive in Barbados?
- Can non-nationals work in Barbados?
- How can I immigrate to Barbados?
- Are there health requirements or vaccines I need to have?
- Foreign Representatives
Regions & Countries
COUNTRIES WITH WHICH BARBADOS HAS DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS
When Barbados became independent in 1966 and joined the Commonwealth, it followed the prevailing convention at the time and considered itself to have automatically entered into diplomatic relations with all other Commonwealth countries. It has, however, taken formal action to establish diplomatic relations with 105 countries around the world.
Specifically, Barbados has official diplomatic relations with countries in each of the following regions. Use the list above for further details regarding Barbados' foreign policy positions in that region, generally, as well as the foreign policy positions of Barbados with respect to selected countries in that region: