- Political Profile
- Regions & Countries
- Travelling Abroad
- Travelling to Barbados
- Travel documents to visit Barbados
- Visa information for travel to Barbados
- What do I need to know about import permits?
- How can I plan to get married in Barbados?
- Do I need a permit to drive in Barbados?
- Can non-nationals work in Barbados?
- How can I immigrate to Barbados?
- Are there health requirements or vaccines I need to have?
- Foreign Representatives
Can non-nationals work in Barbados?
Can I work in Barbados??
In limited instances, individuals who have special skills which are in short supply in Barbados may be granted a work permit for a specific post on the basis that there is no qualified Barbadian available for the post. Applications for work permits in these cases are processed by the employer and not the prospective employee.
Non-national participation in the retail sector is not encouraged, and similarly in the tourism sector every effort is made to restrict the operation of tourism ancillary services (restaurants, bars, ground transportation water sports, etc.) to Barbadian nationals, except in cases where the operation is unique and the expertise unavailable locally, or where the operation is likely to make a significant contribution to the local tourist product.