- Political Profile
- Regions & Countries
- Travelling Abroad
- Travelling to Barbados
- Travel documents to visit Barbados
- Visa information for travel to Barbados
- What do I need to know about import permits?
- How can I plan to get married in Barbados?
- Do I need a permit to drive in Barbados?
- Can non-nationals work in Barbados?
- How can I immigrate to Barbados?
- Are there health requirements or vaccines I need to have?
- Foreign Representatives
Do I need a permit to drive in Barbados?
I am planning to drive while I am in Barbados. Am I allowed to use my driver's licence?
Yes, you will be required to produce your valid driver's licence as well as apply for a 'Visitor's Permit'.
How can I obtain a 'Visitor's Permit'?
A visitor's permit may be obtained from the Barbados Licencing Authority, located at The Pine, St. Michael or from the Oistins Police Station, Hastings Police Station and Holetown Police Station. Permits are also issued by most car rental companies.
The fee for the permit is BDS$10.00.