I am planning to drive while I am in Barbados. Am I allowed to use my driver's licence?

Yes, you will be required to produce your valid driver's licence as well as apply for a 'Visitor's Permit'.


How can I obtain a 'Visitor's Permit'?

A visitor's permit may be obtained from the Barbados Licencing Authority, located at The Pine, St. Michael or from the Oistins Police Station, Hastings Police Station and Holetown Police Station. Permits are also issued by most car rental companies.

The fee for the permit is BDS$10.00.