Will the government provide financial assistance if I run out of money while overseas?

Unfortunately, no! However we can assist you in making arrangements to have relatives or friends at home send you money.

If that is not possible, we can make arrangements to have a relative come to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to make arrangements to pay or repay the money on your behalf.

How can I send money to my relative overseas?

Arrangements can be made through one of the commercial Banks and agencies like Western Union or in the event of an emergency, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade.